The first sentence of the book beautifully sets the scene...
"This is what I write to her: The clouds tonight embossed the sky."
Just started to read a new book - "March" by Geraldine Brooks. I also read "People of the Book" by her a few months ago. I really enjoy her use of language. She brings the senses of her stories to you- sight, sound, smell, touch - making the emotions of her characters that much more. "March" is about the father of "Little Women" by Louisa May Alcott. It is his story. I am embarrassed to admit that I never read "Little Women" - I will be right after I finish this which should add an interesting perspective.
I will report back with my review of March soon, as well as "People of the Book". And I know you are all excited to see my posts again. Me too in fact. Taking the time to put it down is good for me.
Wednesday, October 21, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment