- "Oh for a book and a shady nook..." - John Wilson (1785-1854)
That is indeed how I feel today. The cloudy New England sky which oddly illuminates the beginnings of the changing leaves has me aching for my old fireplace, fuzzy socks, cup of hot tea and the weight of The Poisonwood Bible in my hands. I started this book on my trip to Austin last week and am enjoying it very much. The first paragraph captured me with its eloquence. My only regret is that I failed to carry with me a highlighter with which to mark the passages that caught my attention, or downright touched me. I am about half way done with the book and look forward to the next time I can sit down with the characters again.
Words delight me. The use of language excites me. It is in the details of it all. It sometimes makes me ache that I cannot put into words all that I feel, witness or experience. Maybe that is why I enjoy reading the words of others so much. I always feel as if they say it better than I could. But still I try to write and express myself through the use of sans serif. Which brings me back to blogging. I stepped away from LiveJournal. It became something I did not want it to. But in the past weeks, as I stepped away from it, I missed writing. I missed sharing the view of my world with an audience. How presumptuous of me to think I have an audience, but this is the internet after all. Some stray fellow I am sure will happen upon my words, and perhaps get pleasure from them. It is always nice to write thinking someone may be reading. So here I am, to begin again with new and bolder threads to add to the tapestry.


No comments:
Post a Comment