Tuesday, September 30, 2008

QoTD

"Always read stuff that will make you look good if you die in the middle of it."
- P.J. O'Rourke (1947 - )

I am just past the half way mark in The Poisonwood Bible and it really is pulling me in more and more. But now I am looking ahead at my next book as I do not want this momentum to end. Not to mention I have to put my new shiny library card to good use! I usually do not do library books because I am notorious for not returning them on time - but with my efforts to be better with my budget it is likely a good idea. Not to mention, with the 2 times I have moved in the last 2 years I found moving my books the most cumbersome. I purged many of them, except those that I would feel incomplete without them nearby. One day I will have those ceiling to floor built-in bookshelves and all the books my heart desires plus some to just make me look smart and witty.

Any recommendations out there on what to put on my Winter reading list? My next book will be No Reservations, by Anthony - last name fails me right now. I will come back and edit. He is a chef that travels and tries 'odd' foods and cultures. That is the November book for the book club I want to check out in town. From there I have nothing on deck. I enjoy reading everything but non-fiction and pulp mystery ala Crighton. Look forward to what you have to share!

No comments: