Monday, January 5, 2009

Happy New Year!

I dub this year....Year of Simplification!

Typically I do not make resolutions as I do not want to 'fail' and not reach them. But this year I find it important to set some goals and reminders of the priorities in my life as days pass and things can get blurred. So here are my 10 resolutions for the Year of Simplification ~ 2009! (yes, I know some of these are quite simple and I may even knock them off in the next couple of days, but it is good to set easy goals amidst the bigger ones so as to celebrate the small triumphs as well) :)

1. Simplify. Keep it simple. Don't over plan or over schedule.
2. Keep it close to home and heart.
3. Get more active! I had a good kick start with this over the summer/fall of '08 - '09 will bring a gym membership and twice a week trips and more biking and hiking with the kids.
4. Lose 15-20 lbs. Pretty reasonable I think. This will help my blood pressure, my mood, my overall good looks and well being.
5. Focus on work - get fresh with programs and stay positive. And with that keep work at work. Minimize the overflow into my home life.
6. Hang the bedrooms blinds.
7. Organize the basement and a play area in the basement for the kids.
8. Organize desk and files for neatness/de-clutter factor and also not losing important documents.
9. Fix finances - pay down debts, SAVE, make better money choices
10. Look ahead, not back.

No comments: