"Home is not where you live, but where they understand you" - Christian Morganstern
We had a lovely Christmas Eve & Day. I got everything wrapped, I got everything baked and cooked and we had a wonderful day. It feels a bit of a blur now, as it does every year. But I have the vivid memory of smiles and squeals of holiday glee from Mo & Pickle to remind me that yes Virginia, there is indeed a Santa Claus. I did not want for anything material this year. I honestly did not want a thing. What I asked my Santa for was peace - peace of spirit, peace of mind, peace for my heart. And I feel that peace coming just around the bend. But my loved ones were kind enough to grace me with very thoughtful gifts that warmed my heart indeed. I thank them for those, thank you!
Saturday the kids and I went home to my hometown to visit with my parents for a few days. It was wonderful, as always. Not only did we get nice grandparent time (which also includes my mothers letting me sleep as long as I want by occupying the kids) but I also got to visit with lifelong family friends and two school chums. If life permitted I would move back to Monroe to raise the kids. No where else on earth do I feel so at home and at peace. I feel strong and sure and grounded. I hope that 2009 brings me closer to having that in my life up here in the north. And I ran into some people at the Big Y, as I am known to do when I look my worst.
I have been away from home for about 15 years now, have created my own home for my children, but they are always homes with a small 'h'. Home is in Monroe.
Tuesday, December 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment