Sunday, March 8, 2009

Lots of big blue hoo hoo's

Well, well, well....this was a weekend of communication. Who woulda thunk that being honest and open would work so well, even when it is about the ugliest and most painful parts of ourselves. BooBoo (fromerly known as BB, but BooBoo is a much better nickname in the yogi bear and constant woundings sense) is quite an amazing man and I really have to stop under-estimating his love and friendship for me. We talked about some things this weekend that needed talking about and in the past I would have just shoved them somewhere to poison me at a later date. So THIS is what a functional relationship is?!!! ah hah! I am starting to catch on.... In all seriousness I am very blessed. (yet again)

Now what is this about big blue hoo hoo's? We went to see Watchmen this weekend. I must preface this, I did not read the book. But I would like to now because for me the movie was...meh. There were some spots of good and almost great, but I found it overshadowed by gratuitous gore, sex and in more your face gore. To me it felt like some elements of the film were thrown in to please producers or a focus group. Elements of the story that actually looked very interesting to me were lost in those directorial mis-steps, imho. I do want to read it now and understand the mythos, maybe then I will understand the choices better. One character - Warshek (sp?) was fantastic - everything about him I loved. So they did great there and I applaud that character and what he brought to the story. *clapping here* We did see a lot of big blue hoo hoo (which is the technical term for penis...It is! go look it up for yourself!) Dr. Manhattan, you cheeky monkey you! I was glad to see him wear a cup/thong/diaper in the field of battle however. I would have been uncomfortable watching otherwise I think. *shiver*

Spring is sprunging. Woot! But I hear tale of a wintry mix of a storm tomorrow. Poo I say! But BooBoo and I are dreaming of our little garden in the backyard anyways and decided on mulch in the front as opposed to stone.

Oh! That reminds me! I need to get bunny ears for the foo lion....Easter is on its way after all. Naturally, pictures will be posted.

So how was your weekend? Any big blue hoo hoo's?

5 comments:

Faith said...

Rorschach, like the ink blot test. :)

And yes, Watchmen is not a kids supero-hero movie. i read the graphic novel a couple of years ago and it held pretty true to form.

Especially with Ozymandias having the best villian line ever! :)

It was actually fun watching the guys in the audience squirm everytime they saw the "blue hoo hoo's" so that was fun for me!

Phoebe Roydon said...

What was the best villian line?

Faith said...

When the good guys say "we'll stop your plan!!"

And Ozymandias says "Stop me? Do you think I'd bother telling you my plan if there was any way you could stop me? I enacted my plan 30 minutes ago!"

No typical James Bond villian there - he only told them his plan after he already did it.

Phoebe Roydon said...

That's right! Yes! Boo Boo and I had a good chuckle when he said that.

I will have to read the book and rent it again. I think it was lost on me. Bits I loved, on the whole not so much.

But it was no "Fountain"! That's for damn sure! oooohhh...Buffy and I will never have that time again...

Phoebe Roydon said...
This comment has been removed by the author.