Going into the 2nd quarter of the year it is time for us to review our goals and progress thus far...
1. Simplify. Keep it simple. Don't over plan or over schedule.
check! I have been making a very conscious effort on this and it has helped me a lot. I still feel like I have no time to accomplish things, but I am making better choices.
2. Keep it close to home and heart.
Check check!
3. Get more active! I had a good kick start with this over the summer/fall of '08 - '09 will bring a gym membership and twice a week trips and more biking and hiking with the kids.
OK - so I joined the gym. I have been a couple of times - it's a time thing people. BUT now that the weather is nicer I am walking 15-20 minutes per day at work and bikes are in the shop for tune ups and such.
4. Lose 15-20 lbs. Pretty reasonable I think. This will help my blood pressure, my mood, my overall good looks and well being.
Back off man! It's only April 1! Obviously this one needs work...
5. Focus on work - get fresh with programs and stay positive. And with that keep work at work. Minimize the overflow into my home life.
Check with a capital C! Work feels better - home feels better.
6. Hang the bedrooms blinds.
I am an exhibitionist apparently....maybe this weekend.
7. Organize the basement and a play area in the basement for the kids.
Done. And it will be re-organized in the coming weeks when the yard stuff goes outside.
8. Organize desk and files for neatness/de-clutter factor and also not losing important documents.
Yep. But I feel like it needs more. I need some better storage in this area. I have my eyes peeled for low cost solutions. IKEA road trip perhaps?
9. Fix finances - pay down debts, SAVE, make better money choices
Debts are being paid down, making better money choices but saving? That's funny! Just when I think I can save an unplanned for bill arises. *sigh* Oh well. But I am being more conscious for sure and am very happy to be paying down my debts.
10. Look ahead, not back.
Ya know....this sounds really easy...but it ain't. Though I try, some days are just not as fruitful in this area. But seeing where I have come in the last 5 years, I am doing brilliant work. Sun, exercise and the great outdoors will assist with this too. I think winter effects me a little more than I thought cause when we were in FL I felt amazing all around.
I would like to amend with a #11 that I accomplished this week....a dentist visit. All is good - but after 4 years I had my worries. Boo Boo turned me on to a great dentist and my 6 months check up is Oct 2nd. Look at me go with the dental hygiene. But sssshhh! Don't tell the kids! They are always on schedule...I just blow it off. ssshhh.
So far so good with 2009 I say. How you doin'?
Wednesday, April 1, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment