Sunday, December 14, 2008

Green

"O! beware, my lord, of jealousy; It is the green-eyed monster which doth mock the meat it feeds on" - William Shakespeare


The other night, for the first time I had a full blown jealousy 'thing'. It was an uncomfortable place for me. I typically do not consider myself to be a jealous person, but I have found, yes I am. In some ways this is a healthy thing for me. For some who know me, they understand. But I did not like this feeling. Now the occasion that brought up this demon was warranted with my attention, but I did not expect such a strong reaction. Usually I have been able to keep these things under wraps, but I let it out this time. I had to - or it would have consumed me and a pattern would have begun again. I am glad I did in the end as it opened discourse and led to better and deeper things, but still...the better and deeper could have come without the green. But such is life. Such are relationships - they are worthwhile work.

I now also understand the color choice of green when describing this most toxic of emotions. It made me want to gag. It gave me a headache and it blurred my vision making that which I was seeing and trying to see a rancid hue. I prefer purples & pinks myself and will be trying to stay with those shades.

No comments: