"Best of all, Christmas means a spirit of love, a time when the love of God and the love of our fellow men should prevail over all hatred and bitterness, a time when our thoughts and deeds and the spirit of our lives manifest the presence of God." ~Unknown but apparently someone who knows their stuff
Getting ready today for tomorrow, the day that is known as Christmas. I am still baking for A's party this evening. I have to wrap 95% of my presents and clean...yeah, clean. Trying to keep the light of the holiday spirit in my head and my heart, but I find that it is hard and not very easy, it takes effort. Noticeable effort for me. I accept it though and work through it. There's a few reasons, mental, emotional and physiological. And I know that so I can work through it. I am really good at hiding it too from those around me - though my mother always knows. Every year gets a little better though and this year I am so looking forward to seeing the kids faces light up in the morning when they open their presents and to welcome my family and my friend Erik into my home. The people who mean the most to me. Ken, the other person who means the world to me will be here Friday morning. Next year I imagine our families being a little more combined, but this year we will be apart for the day. I will honestly miss him. He better call! (hint!) Ham, homemade mac & cheese, green beans and some chicken curry (for my brother in law) are on the menu with some yummy cheeses and shrimp cocktail. And, yes, you guessed it...cookies! I hope you all enjoy your cookies too!
And with almost 2 feet of snow outside it is a white Christmas indeed!
May the magic of the season bless you and yours with love, joy & peace. And of course...cookies!
Merry Christmas!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment