Tuesday, March 17, 2009

QoTD

"We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are." - Anais Nin (1903-1977)

I like this quote. I like the images it gives me of who I am. Usually I see the positive in things, I see the richness of colors, the nuances of shapes and how it relates to my world and how I am feeling in the moment. I relish in my interactions with people and the landscape of learning and love that I have on a daily basis with my children.

But this quote, this truth, also scares me. Because sometimes I see things darkly. I get sad, I can be pessimistic. It does not last long (not any more). This truth reminds me of who I want to be and how to live that life. The scary scary thing though is what I witness of some people's perceptions - what that makes them. It makes my stomach turn thinking of how it may also linger upon the light that grows within Mo & Pickle. Today I experienced how very 'off' some people's perceptions are and how deep the poison they feed upon may run in their blood. THAT scares me.

Nothing I can do about it though but have hope in who I am and trust that my truths are the right ones in the long run.

Or one can simply say...some people are whacked and need a good beeyotch slap upside the head.

Right Faith? ;-)