- "I'm not going to quit. Why should I quit? This country is worth fighting for." - Hillary Rodham Clinton, April 7, 2008
I won't deny I was a huge Hillary supporter. I thought she would be the one to fix this country. Needless to say, she is not a choice. So I have been considering my two options very carefully - Barack Obama & John McCain. 8 years ago I would have loved McCain. So I wanted to see what he had to show me. Then he chose Palin as a running mate. Hmmm....Maybe I am missing something? Well, the VP debate was not one I was going to miss - for my own education but also for the high entertainment value.
Palin represented herself well, but the fact that she admitted that she may not answer the questions the moderator or audience wanted her to I knew - this woman cannot be a heartbeat away from the presidency. Good try on her part trying to make herself look like me - you know, middle class, same challenges, same beliefs, "six pack joe and the hockey moms". I do not relate to either of those. What about the thousands of mid-thirties women like me? Working in a good job, kids, married or divorced, raised with the belief that my generation would break the glass ceiling for women and change this world forever so do not settle, pretty well educated, strong and independent. As much as she wants to relate to me - there is a gap that I admittedly cannot eloquently or intellectually describe. It is a visceral emotional response. But I trust my instincts. This is not the woman for our country - hence, McCain is not the man.
Biden's experience impresses me. His admittance to not always making the right decision, but he has the willingness to change as circumstances dictate. He was good at throwing back at Palin his roots and his challenge. Take that sexism - men have feelings and struggles too!! He had pretty straight answers, defined his role, hit the remark on Cheney on the head and has my vote.
God bless this nation as we endeavor to be a better people and citizen of the world.


No comments:
Post a Comment